Yesterday I started talking about 'how I do my SEO' marketing. Today I wanted to talk about my schedule. Yes, I do have one. Just because I work from home doesn't mean that I don't run it like a business! I start first thing in the morning (I don't sleep much) by getting my computer work done before anyone else wakes up. This saves me from getting distracted, as well as being able to have the quiet of the house!!! Here is a sample 'work day' for me....
- 430-600 computer work for the day - includings, edit and list new creations, post days posts via my programs, followup with any orders or questions, check in on ALL my social media sites, answer emails, etc.
- 600-730 get kids ready for school/day
- 800-1200 beading, mini photo shoot, listings, etc
- 1200-100 lunch house hold chores
- 100-300 beading, mini photo shoot, listings, etc
- 300-500 household chores and time with kids
- 500-700 dinner, household chores and time with kids and hubby
- 700-900 kids baths, bed and finish any household chores
- 900-1030 quiet time with hubby and/or beading
- 1030-400 sleep - with luck!!
That is a general guideline, but I do try to make it close to that. There are some days that I don't have time to do any beading, but most days I try to get in about 4-8 hours of Krafty Max Original time. This is very important if you want to be able to consider what you do as something other than a hobby. There is a big difference between people who just create on the side and do it just to make a little extra and those who do it as a full time job! I create because I love to, however, for me, this is a full time business that has basic office hours and even financal reports!
How do you run your hobby/business?? Do you have tips for me and my readers??
I listed this one this morning...it is simple and fun! I just love the 'dripping' look on the flower petals. What do you think??
This one is very unique, and I will save the 'surprise' for the end of the creation....so keep watching...!! Remember to my Fan Page or Google+ page to watch this creation grow throughout the day!!
Thank you so much to Elite Mamas Blog for doing this amazing review and give-a-way for me. It also has the 'making' video for the beautiful bracelet I made for her - it is something to watch! So please, go read the review and see what she thought of her bracelet and enter this give-a-way. (click on either photo to get to the post).
Today's featured artist is: BoMoLuTra. Although this artist doesn't have a BIO posted, it is very easy to see that this Bottle Art'ist is simply amazing!! You can see the attention to detail in each of the listings. These are just wonderful creations and would look perfect no matter what 'style' you have in your home - redneck or modern!! Check out this great studio and remember to always support handmade artists!!!
Today I would like to leave you with this thought;
Be happy with what you have while working for what you want!